Whether you want to rank on search engines or want to beat your competitor. You should keep tracking your competitor. Tracking competitor’s move is very important if you want to improve the SEO of your site. To track the strategies of competitors you should have site analysis tools.
To help you find some best competitor site analysis tools we have come up with this article in which we are going to talk about competitor’s site analysis tools that you can use to analyze your competitor’s sites.
15+ Free SEO Competitor Site Analysis Tools
Alexa is one of the most popular site analysis tools for analyzing competitor’s websites. It allows you to track your own’s websites’ global traffic. With this, you can easily spy on your competitors and track their every move. With this, you can collect many important data like backlinks, traffic, keywords, etc.
In short, Alexa is a great tool to get deep analytical insights to compare and optimize businesses online.
- Alexa provides keyword research and content research tool.
- You will also get website SEO analysis and check backlinks.
- With this tool, you can perform audience analysis.
- Competitor website analysis.
BuzzSumo is a popular tool to find the best most shared content on the website. Using this tool you can find the most shared content on your competitor’s websites. In case you just want to know what kind of content is trending in your industry then you just have to use your industry keywords and you will find the most trending topics in your niche. Its free plan allows you to see only the top 5 entries and to see the full list you will need to upgrade.
- BuzzSumo allows you to perform content research and content discovery.
- You can find out authors and creators on social media or the web with engaged audiences.
- It offers 30 days free trial which is great if you are new and want to try it.
- It allows you to track where your competitors are being mentioned and provides you industry updates.
- BuzzSumo offers its chrome extension and API.
SpyFu helps you to learn your competitor’s PPC (pay per click) keywords and SEO strategies. It will allow you to find all data on competitors’ list of keywords in both organic search and AdWords and you will be able to get more related keywords. If you are having difficulty finding new keywords for your niche then this tool can work for you as a keyword generator by finding your competitor’s targeted keywords.
- SEO competitor analysis.
- SEO keyword research.
- Competitor backlink.
- Domain comparison.
- Google ads competitor.
- PPC keyword research.
- PPC keyword suggestion.
- SERP checker.
- Keyword rank checker.
- 30 days moneyback guarantee on the premium plan.
SEMrush is one of the most popular site analysis tools to find your competitor’s backlink and paid keywords. Apart from backlinks and keywords, you can also do your competitor’s site audit. With this tool, you can see Search Engine Page Result (SERP) in real-time.
- You can audit your web pages and improve their SEO performance.
- You can perform keyword research and find the best keywords that can bring traffic to your site.
- Check the daily ranking of your targeted keywords.
- Find all the keywords and content used by your competitors.
- Find paid keywords and ad copy on your competitor’s PPC ads.
Nibbler is another free tool that helps users to find out how good your website is and how you can improve it. This tool can be also used for analyzing your competitor’s websites and find out their strategies for SEO, social media, marketing, and technology. This is a free tool but is limited to only three reports.
- You can get three reports for free.
- You can audit the website of your competitors.
- It supports more than 20 languages.
- It also provides API.
SEO WebPage Analyzer
SEO WebPage Analyzer is another site analyzer tool that will help you to analyze the website of your competitors. The best thing about this tool we like is that it allows you to analyze individual pages. Using this feature you can find out for which keyword your competitor’s individual page is ranking. Improve your website by analyzing the insights of your competitor’s websites.
- It will help you to find the content quality on your website.
- Analyze your competitor’s individual pages on their website.
- Find out keywords for which the individual page is ranking.
Open Site Explorer
Open Site Explorer was launched by Moz which is a well-known brand for SEO. This SEO tool is useful for finding the backlinks of your competitor’s sites and improving your site’s link-building strategies. To improve your link-building strategies you can check out what links your competitors have and compare their link profiles with your links. It will also help you to find out the top pages of your competitor’s sites.
- You can see how your location appears on local search engines and directories.
- It provides free domain analysis using which you can see instant SEO metrics like top pages, ranking keywords, competitive analysis, etc.
- Compare your links and link-building strategies to your competitors and improve them.
- With its keyword explorer, you can find the most accurate keywords for your sites.
With the SimilarWeb tool, you can find out your competitor’s traffic source. SimilarWeb helps users to find where your competitor’s traffic coming from. It will also help you to find out monthly visits, average visit duration, pages per visit, bounce rate, traffic by countries, etc. You can also get search engine insights that will include organic search traffic vs paid traffic distribution and many more.
- Application and website SEO analysis.
- Lead generation.
- On-site search.
- Fraud detection.
- Affiliate marketing.
- Audience research.
- Sales engagement.
- Industry research.
PageSpeed Insights is another popular tool for checking websites speed. So with the help of this tool, you can find your website’s speed and improve it if needed. This tool will analyze the website’s speed for mobile as well as a desktop and gives a score out of 100. A good website speed is one of the most important things that you should consider for your website’s SEO.
- It analyzes the content on web pages.
- It provides page speed for both mobile and desktop devices.
If you are not new to this then you must have heard of the name of this website. Ubersuggest is another all-in-one tool for analyzing the websites of your competitors. Ubersuggest allows users to analyze the top pages, top-ranking keywords list, the number of backlinks, and where they came from. By collecting your competitor’s data you can analyze them and improve your strategies.
- It provides a domain overview using which you can analyze the strategies of your competitors and use them for your websites.
- You can discover top SEO pages on your site or your competitor’s sites and improve your content.
- It also provides a keyword suggestion tool using which you can find the best keywords for your niche.
- You can find out top-performing content on your competitor’s sites and you will get new content ideas.
- Find backlink data of your competitor’s sites so that you can contact them and ask them to link to your site.
Broken links are another important thing that you should check on your website and make sure there aren’t any. To improve your search ranking you need links and in case you have broken links on your site then it will affect your site’s ranking. This tool will help you to find out broken links on your websites and you can fix them. Apart from finding the broken links, it will also help you to find out comment pages, page speed, and how many internal links per page you have.
- It offers a plagiarism checker using which you can check duplicate content on your site.
- You can check broken links on your site.
- It identifies the most prominent pages on search engines on your site.
- It also provide standard XML Sitemap for your site and detailed report of your site.
If you want to find out which technology your competitors are using then BuiltWith is a great tool for this. Whether you want to see an e-commerce website or blog or a website you can find out about any technology your competitors are using on their sites. It will also help you to find out the framework your competitors are using. Apart from that, you can also find out the SSL certificates installed on the site, the web server the website is using, email services and nameserver, analytics, and many more.
- Lead generation.
- Keyword generation.
- Upload list of your website and get SEO analysis report.
- Compare your competitors.
- Advanced Filtering.
- Matrix Export.
W3bin is a great site analysis tools to find out the hosting service provider of your competitor’s sites. In case your current hosting provider is not providing good service and you want to switch your hosting provider and you want great speed like your competitor. Then you can use this tool to find out that from which hosting service provider they are taking service. This tool can also be used for checking your competitor’s global rank, estimated daily revenue, estimated daily visitors, and website worth.
- Find hosting provider of your competitors.
- Provides many other information like server location, domain IP address, website’s load speed, Google adsence ID, etc.
Google Trends can help you find out where your competitors are being mentioned in real-time. With this tool, you can find out which news, pictures, and items are trending. This is one of the best site analysis tools for analyzing web crawler drifts and grow crisp, and, many more.
- Provides keyword related data like search volume, geographical information about users, etc.
- Find out what people are searching in particular industry.
- You can also comapare keywords and find out which one is doing better on search engine.
GTmetrix is another one of the most popular site analysis tools that help you to check your site’s speed. You can use this tool to compare the speed matrix between your site and your competitor’s site. It will provide you analytics of speed and size stats of each resource loaded by the web page that you are testing.
- Provides summary of keyword performance.
- You can track performance with graphs and alerts.
- You can test your page from various loactions.
- Analyze your website on mobile device.
- Record your page loads and find out where stoppage occuring.